Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week 14 Updates and Homework

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, your right."  Henry Ford

One more week until the Holiday Break!
Remember, the Guide outlines all of the assignments, what follows is an update/review of what took place in class and gives a quick glance into the upcoming assignments.


Math:
Algebra ½ Students: We covered Lessons 53 - 56 today.  Be prepared, next week I'll cover 4 lessons as usual, however, over the break you will be responsible for an additional 4 on your own.



Logic:
I'm really glad to see that the Logic Day at my house really helped.  We'll plan another one or two if necessary next semester.  This week we covered Lessons 31 and 32.  Next week we'll take as much time as necessary to complete the last 4 Lessons and I'll send home the Final Exam as a take home to be completed over the break.

Literature:
I'm allowing you to choose your project from the Guide regarding "The Phantom Tollbooth.  Many expressed interest in the creative options rather than having to write another paper.  I can't wait to see what you bring in!


History of Science:
We're making great progress!  Now is the time to actually begin the experiments.  Please forgive me for the lateness of the email regarding the forms.  Don't forget to print them, they are a crucial part of your project.

Current Events:
It was an interesting day of debate to say the least.  As a teaser and final debate, several have asked to debate "Lions in Petting Zoos."  It's optional for those who want to participate.


Latin:
We covered Lessons 22 - 24 today.  Chapter 23 is a Review Chapter.  We'll try to cover the remaining chapters next week and you can review them over the break.


Enjoy the week and weekend and don't hesitate to call, text or email me if you need me.

Blessings and Love,
Ms. Sharon

No comments: