"The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence." Eddie Robinson
Remember, the Guide outlines all of the assignments, what follows is an update/review of what took place in class and gives a quick glance into the upcoming assignments.
Math:
Algebra ½ Students: We covered Lessons 41 - 44 today. Although we moved through it rather quickly, everyone seemed to grasp the information so again, keep up the great work.
Logic:
Today we discussed the most recent test and revisited Lessons 24 - 26, including the homework in an effort to make sure that everyone understood the content. We will have another test on Lessons 24 - 26 next week so please avail yourselves to study and review. I am not as concerned about us completing the book this semester as I am you having a thorough understanding of what we are able to complete. As I stated in class, it is my opinion that if you cannot apply what you say you understand, them you truly do not have understanding. Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. I am planning to have everyone over to my house for an all day Logic study session on November 11th.
Literature:
Good job on the papers thus far. This week we'll discuss Crispin The Cross of Lead.
History of Science:
OUTSTANDING WORK ON THE SCIENCE SHOE BOXES!!!! I am really proud of the work and creativity shown in this assignment. As I stated, this was to count as your Mid-Term grade and there was no score lower than a B+ in the entire group! Don't forget to work on your Science Fair question. You really need to narrow it down and start to prepare for the actual experiment. I expect everyone to have their final decision and question ready for next week.
Current Events:
Great work in debate again this week. Both efforts ended in a draw, so that tells me you're listening and preparing! Next week it's "Dating vs. Courting" pros and cons.
Latin:
I am sooooo proud of you guys!!! What a great Latin class today!! Thank you for all of your efforts. Now you see the benefits of all the practice with the charts, vocabulary and endings. Keep up the good work and complete the homework for Lesson 15 and 16.
Enjoy the week and weekend and don't hesitate to call, text or email me if you need me.
Blessings and Love,
Ms. Sharon
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment