"Lots of people limit their possibilities by giving up easily. Never tell yourself this is too much for me. It's no use. I can't go on. If you do you're licked, and by your own thinking too. Keep believing and keep on keeping on." Norman Vincent Peale
Math:
Algebra ½ Students: We covered Lessons 89 - 92 today. Don't forget to complete the exercises and stay on top of your weekly tests.
Logic:
I've not graded all the tests, however, it appears most did well, with the exception of the a few of the truth tables. Now that you know which ones I took from the Review Chapters, brush up and I may give you a chance to redeem yourselves with similar tables next week. Although the Guide suggested only covering Lesson 13, we actually did 13 and 14 because they both cover the same information and compliment each other so well. If you have problems, we'll address them next week. In the meantime, try to complete all of the exercises for both lessons. I'm sure you can do it. ;0)
Literature:
Several people have made major progress on your Short Stories (BRAVO!), however, your length is a bit of a concern. It's a "short story", not a miniture novel so DO NOT turn in a paper longer than 10 pages. That's a bit extreme. You guys are truly amazing writers and I know it's tempting, but hold back and make sure that there's meat, depth, and flavor enough to show all of your gifts and talents within the constraints of the 10 pages. And for those who feel you could never write 10 pages, it's really okay. As you can see from the stories we've read, it doesn't always take length to teach a lesson; make a point; add meaning; depth and heart to a situation for your reader.
Read "Father Zossima's Brother" and "The Startling Painting" this week and be prepared to answer the discussion questions.
Defeating Darwinism
Great work on the DD Chapter this week. I'll mix up the pairings next week so be prepared for more of the same with Chapter 7.
Mock Trial:
WOW! I am so proud of you guys! You're starting to come together and use your critical thinking skills with MT!!! Great work on your defense presentations. This week is a big task, writing the Opening Statements for both the defense and the prosecution. I'll send the "Goldilocks" Opening Statement and a breakdown of what you need to include in your statements separately. Keep up the good work! I hope to narrow down the assignment of parts by next week.
Latin:
See Mrs. Richardson's separate email regarding your assignments.
Enjoy the week and weekend.
Blessings and Love,
Ms. Sharon
No comments:
Post a Comment